USB 2.0 Serial RS-232 DB-9 MINI Adapter with Detachable Extension Cable FTDI CHIP
MFG Part Number: 765288
- Adds one RS-232 serial port by connecting to a USB port
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Installed as a standard Windows COM port
- OS Compatibility:Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as Linux and Mac OS 10.X
CompatibilityLinux Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP
This USB to Serial RS 232 DB9 adapter 765288 fully supports Windows, Mac, & Linux:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Server 2003 x64
- Windows Vista Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 2000
- Mac OS X (Intel)
- Linux 2.6+ newer (integrated into kernel, no driver needed!)
- Windows CE.NET (ARM/XScale Processor)
- Windows CE.NET (x86 Processor)
New USB 2.0 Serial Adapter with Built in Drivers for XP and 2003 and New Windows Vista!. Ultra Compact Mini USB 2.0 Serial RS-232 Adapter cable for NoteBook and Laptop Users. Mini Adapter has one Status LED and uses FTDI Chip for up to 230K Speed. Converts a USB port into a 9-pin male RS-232 serial port capable of speeds up to 230,400 bps.
This USB Serial FTDI-based adapter converts a USB port into a serial port capable of speeds up to 921,600 bps.
Designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB COM 765288 instantly adds a serial communication port to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, this product makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features. Plugging the USB COM 765288 into the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA, or memory as resources on the system.
The 765288 provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDS, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers, etc. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring a high speed serial communications port.
Features & Specifications:
- Easy plug-and-play installation
- Installed as a standard COM port
- Full modem control signals & data signals supported
- Serial port speed up to 921,600 bps
- 384 byte receive / 128 byte transmit buffering.
The 765288 supports Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 7, 8 and Windows 10, Apple MAC OS8 or higher, Linux 2.4.0 and later, OpenBSD 2.9 and later & FreeBSD 4.7 and later. Drivers for the Windows operating systems are included on a CD-ROM disc. The latest versions of the Windows drivers as well as the drivers for Apple OS8/OS9/OSX, & Windows CE.NET (version 4.2 or greater) can be downloaded from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/FT232-FT245Drivers.htm.
Linux, OpenBSD and FreeBSD support the adapters directly, so no driver is necessary.
- Power/RX/TX LED's Built-In, easy installation using provided Widows Drivers by FTDIchip.com
- Detachable Cable Standard A to A Extension cable Lenght up to 15ft.(2ft cable provided)
- The USB Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple.
- Installed as a standard Windows COM ports, Full RS-232 modem control signals, RS-232 data signals; TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- USB Extension cable of 2 feet included
- Powered by USB port
- Supports Windows 98/SE, ME & 2000, Windows 2003 and Windows XP
The USB Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDS, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers, etc. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring a High speed and or LOW serial communications port.
Changing the COM Port Number With the release of V1.02.07, FTDI has introduced a properties sheet which allows the user to change the COM port number of a USB serial port. From DeviceManager, select "View devices by type", then "Ports (COM & LPT)". Select the USB serial port and click Properties. Select the "Port Settings" tab, then click Advanced. Choose the required COM port number from the list and click OK. Notes If a modem is attached to the USB serial port when the port number is changed, it will continue to work under the new port number. If a modem had been attached to the USB serial port but was not attached when the port number was changed, it will not work when re-attached under the new port number. In this case, the modem must be removed from the system and re-installed. In general, if there are devices in the system which have been attached previously to the USB serial port, they may not work after the port number has been changed. If this is true, remove the device from the system and re-install it.
Works with Serial Watt Viewer
Works with serial watt viewer! Watts view compliant recommend works great you can't beat the price either! Ill buy again when i need one!
Works fine with OSX
I've tested it so far with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.4.11, using the current driver from FTDI's chip site. Works just fine with my micro-controllers using ZTerm. I have additional plans for it, and am confident it will work as well with those. Heck of a deal at this price!
Works flawlessly on my fuel tuning module and older GPS. Love it. I originally purchased one with a different chipset and it did not work on anything, this one works on em all.