Bluetooth to RS232 9 Pin dongle
MFG Part Number: CM-BT232
Bluetooth RS-232 9 Pin Dongle with up to 230kbps baud rate acts as a cable replacement when connecting to serial printers, serial scanners, or other serial device to a computer up 100 meters (300ft) from the remote.
With its small size the Bluetooth dongle is ideal for use with various applications where PDA or laptops could communicate wireless with sensors, robotics, radio or other devices.
- A perfect solution for cable replacement for serial printers, scanners, or other serial device.
- The bluetooth dongle supports up to 100 meter distance for connection (300 feet) with TX,RX, and PWR LED status.
- External host and software is not needed - Simple to install
- Operates through various types of connection from PDA or Computer to communicate with other devices.
- Uses Standard Bluetooth Specification Version 2.1.
If you received a CM-BT232 adapter from any supplier that included a small male to female DB9 coupler in the package, this is required to be used in order for the CM-BT232 to function correctly. If you are having difficulties utilizing your adapter, please ensure that you are using this coupler.
The Cablemax Bluetooth RS-232 CM-BT232 dongle is an ideal solution for cable replacement. It connects serial printers, serial scanners, or other device to a computer by remote up to 100 meters ( 300ft ) away. Place your device any where you would like without wires!
This Bluetooth RS-232 dongle can be operated with PDA, computers, laptops, and smart phone that supports Bluetooth RFCOMM profile and Bluetooth generic access profile. As such, it is ideal for use in applications where a PDA or laptop could communicate with another device (SBC, RTU, sensor, robot, radio, PBX) wirelessly.
- Extremely easy to install and use.
- No need of external host and software
- Supports up to 100 meters ( 300ft ) distance ( Open space , Line of site).
- Standard Bluetooth Specification Version 2.1.
- Frequency 2.400 ~ 2.4835GHz
- Baud Rate Supports 9.6 / 19.2 / 38.4 / 57.6 /115.2 / 230.4 kbps Pin No. Definition
- Connector DB-9 Male 1 NC
- Standard Bluetooth specification version 2.1 2 RXD
- Frequency 2.400 to 2.4835GHz 3 TXD
- Modulation GFSK-1 Mbps, DQPSK-2 Mbps, and 8-DPSK-3 mBPS 4 NC
- Tx Power Max.13 dBm ( Class 1 ) 5 GND
- Rx Sensitivity -86 dBm typical 6 NC
- Power Supply 5V DC 7 RTS
- Housing Plastic 8 CTS
- Dimension ( L x W x H ) 66 x 39 x 20mm 9 NC
Once configured it works great
This allows you to replace your serial cable with a wireless connection and it works well. I am using it to connect a telescope (digital setting circles) to a PC with built-in bluetooth running planetarium software. Once configured it connected to a Windows 7 and a Windows 10 PC without any issues. This is a DCE device. You will need a null modem adapter if you are connecting it to a DTE serial port (or build a new cable and swap pins 2 & 3). The configuration software works on a Windows 10 PC. The specs need to have the power plug size (OD/ID) so a battery power supply can be made.