FTDI USB to RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 Pro Grade Adapter Selectable via Software
MFG Part Number: CM-RSDB9-PRO
- Connects your DB-9 serial communication device to USB easily.
- All configuration and electrical interface selections are handled through the driver.
- Handles high data rates up to 230 kbps (RS-232) ~ 3 M Baud (RS-422 or RS-485).
- Incorporates up to 15Kv in ESD (electro-static discharge) protection.
- Maintains electrical interface settings through software - Allows computers to be upgraded without reconfiguring the device.
CompatibilityLinux OSX 10 Windows 8 Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP
USB to RS-232/422/485 Adapter
The USB to serial interface adapter offers an easy way to connect a DB9 serial device to a USB port. All configuration and electrical interface selections are handled through the driver, eliminating the need to open the enclosure to set jumpers or switches.
The serial port is software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 with the electrical interface settings maintained locally, allowing the host computer to be repaired or upgraded without reconfiguring the serial port.
Features and Specifications
- Full compliance with the USB Specification 2.0 & 1.1
- RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 (Echo mode / Bias resister / Terminal resister) set up by Windows application program
- Bus powered, no external power required
- Support 32 Node on the network
- High data rate up to 230 kbps (RS-232) ~ 3 M Baud (RS-422 or RS-485)
- ±15kV HBM ESD Protected
- DB-9 Male Pin Assignment
- RS-232 RS-422 RS-485
- Chip FTDI 1 DCD TX- D-
- Data Rate RS-232 230 Kbps 2 RXD TX+ D+
- RS-422 / RS-485 3 M Baud 3 TXD RX+
- LED 3 4 DTR RX-
- Connector Host USB Type A Male 5 GND GND GND
- Device DB-9 Male 6 DSR RTS-
- Compliant USB Spec. 2.0 / 1.1 7 RTS RTS+
- Housing Plastic 8 CTS CTS+
- Dimension ( L x W x H ) 66 x 39 x 20 mm 9 RI CTS-
- Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X
Review for Pro Grade FTDI USB to RS-232
I liked this USB to Serial Adapter because it was easy to work with and move out of the way if needed. For its size, it really had almost no weight to it and the physical size was smaller in comparison to a wireless mouse you would use with your computer and obviously thinner. The LED’s were visually bright and noticeable. I would certainly recommend using this adapter particularly when you are using it for a serial application that requires not only RS232 specifications but RS422 or RS485 signals as well.