USB to RS-485 Adapter W/Terminal Block Changer FTDI chip inside
MFG Part Number: USB-RS485-AT
- USB to RS-485 provides port expansion with bus powered connection from your computer.
- Supports / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and higher, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008R2, and Mac OS 8.6 , Linux 1.5.0 and higher.
- The terminal block charger adapts from DB-9F to 5 Pin Terminal Block connection.
- Incorporates FTDI Chip operation and supports wake-up and power management.
- Uses no additional IRQ, DMA or I/O port resources.
CompatibilityLinux Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP
Professional grade USB to RS485 Converter optimized for Windows 7/8/10 and Server 2003/2008. High-Speed and Interface compliance,USB1.1,2.0,3.0, EIA/TIA RS-485 USB
USB to RS-485 Adapter W/Terminal Block Changer
USB to RS-485 adapter provides an extra Serial Com port via USB connection and can be configured to work with RS-485 peripherals such as POS and Industrial Control devices. USB Plug and Play feature supports an easy serial port expansion and requires no IRQ, DMA, or I/O port resources.
USB adapter features a full set of RS-485 data and control signals on its DB-9 or terminal block Changer. It supports data transfer rates of up to 3M Baud. No external power supply is required as USB adapter takes its power from the USB bus.
- Full compliance with the USB Specification 2.0 & 1.1
- Support 256 Node on the network
- ±15kV HBM ESD Protected
- Data transfer rates 300 to 3M Baud.
- Supports remote wake-up and power management
- Compatible Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 and higher, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008R2 , Win CE and Mac OS 8.6 , Linux 1.5.0 and higher.
- Changer adapter from DB-9F to 5 Pin Terminal block
Model No. UTS-485X + DT485C Pin Assignment
Chip FTDI Pin No. DB-9(M+F) Pin No. Terminal Block
Data Transfer Rates 3M Baud 1 B- 1 A+
Power Consumption 56mA 2 B+ 2 B-
LED 3 3 Non 3 G
- Operating Temp: 0 °C ~ 40 °C 4 Non 4 120Ω
- Storage Temp: -20 °C ~ 60 °C 5 GND 5
- Humidity: 0~80% RH, Non-condensing 6 120Ω
- Compliant: USB spec. 2.0 / 1.1 7
- Interface: RS-485 8 Non
- Connector: Host USB Type A Male 9 Non
- Device: DB-9M / DB-9F to Terminal Block
- Power Mode: Bus
- Housing: Plastic
Easy to setup and use. Seems to be good quality for the money. I will now look to see how many years of service this provides.
I purchased this to program modules used in commercial applications. Not having time to test it in advance I took it to a customer site hoping it would work. I plugged it in and inserted the disk that came with it. It seamlessly loaded the drivers and I was able to connect and finish my work. Suggestions to improve the product. Decrease the brightness of the power LED and change the color to GREEN. Increase the brightness of the TX and RX LEDs.